If you have a Tacoma, chances are you have a lot of reasons to want a big brake kit. Toyota equipped the Tacoma with brakes that are suitable for unloaded, around town use, because that is how a lot of people use Tacomas. However, many people also use Tacomas in ways where better brakes would be much appreciated. Let’s talk about a few of the most common ways people use their Tacomas aside from daily driving:
1. Work Trucks
Many Tacomas are outfitted with a cap and used by contractors. They get loaded down with gear, tools, and supplies. All the extra weight shines a light on the shortcomings of the stock brakes.
Towing is another situation where the Tacoma’s brakes seem not quite adequate. There’s nothing like a hard stop with a trailer pushing you to make you think about better brakes.
3. Off-Road Use
Tacomas are without a doubt the most popular truck for off road use in America. Many people modify their Tacomas for off road use. Modifications impact braking in two primary ways:
- Extra weight: Many people add steel bumpers, sliders, and skid plates to their Tacomas. Throw in a bed rack and winch, and it’s easy for a Tacoma to weigh 1000 pounds more than stock. Which means it’s about 20% heavier than stock, so the truck stops about 20% slower.
- Bigger tires: Almost everyone who goes off road in a Tacoma puts on bigger tires. A 33″ tire weighs 10 to 20 pounds more than the stock tire, and it is almost 10% larger in diameter. The effect is to create a bigger, heavier lever acting on the brakes.
Since your truck’s ability to stop within seconds is important to your safety, you should consider adding a quality big brake kit to your Tacoma.
The Benefits of Adding a Big Brake Kit to Your Tacoma
Big brakes will solve the problems plaguing Tacoma owners using their trucks for towing, work purposes, or off-road use. More specifically:
Big brakes increase your truck’s stopping power, which is very helpful in towing and off-road situations. Work trucks that have surpassed their load ratings will also benefit from big brakes.
Big brakes also help you maintain control over your truck while towing heavy stuff or driving down a steep incline. In order for the brakes to be able to your truck fast, they need to stay cool. If you put too much pressure on your stock brakes while towing or driving down a steep incline, the brakes will overheat and fade.
You’ll save a lot of money with a set of big brakes on your Tacoma. While big brakes do cost some money upfront, they’ll last a lot longer than stock brakes do. When you abuse your stock brakes, they wear out much quicker and they will need to be replaced more frequently. Not only that, but also you’re running up the risk of getting into a costly car accident from not being able to stop in time.
Why Beefed Up Brakes is the Best Brand for Big Brakes
If you’re looking for a high quality big brake kit for your Tacoma, look no further than Beefed Up Brakes. Our brakes are designed specifically to bring the following benefits:
- Increased stopping power
- Better performance in all kinds of weather
- Better friction and fade resistance compared to OEM pads
- Less wear on the rotors
- Minimal squealing and squeaking
- Minimal brake dust
- Premium durable materials designed for heavy use
Upgrade your brakes with a Beefed Up Brakes kit today! If you have any questions, you can contact us here.